Safeguarding, child protection training, policy development and consultancy
When it comes to safeguarding children, vulnerable adults and apprentices, our team is highly experienced, committed and helpful. We deliver a huge amount of specialist support that aims to help everyone working or volunteering with children, vulnerable adults and apprentices, and the general welfare of staff, and those who come into contact with them on a day-to-day basis.
This includes early years and childcare providers, schools, children’s centres, charity workers, trustees and management committees, international tour-operators, and major high street retail brands – in short, any organisation or business in the public, private, voluntary and independent sectors.
We deliver hundreds of certificated safeguarding or child protection sessions each year:
- Introductory or refresher sessions for new and experienced learners (4-6 hours)
- Designated lead (or internal champions/ambassadors) training (6 hours)
- Bespoke sessions to tackle specific issues for example, apprentices in the workplace, implications of recent cases, event management, British Values and the PREVENT duty (hours vary)
- Our own open courses for individuals or groups to book onto.
- And we deliver on behalf of many Local Authority Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs), and organisations or businesses across the UK.
- On-site, whole-team training for teams that want everyone trained at the same time for teams as small as 5 to ones as large as 500.
If you need your policies and procedures reviewing, or think you would benefit from an external and objective challenge, our consultants are here to help. We can review your starting position, look at what has changed in practice and the law, and offer useful and practical ideas for your continuous improvement.
“Right from the start of our relationship with Hempsall’s, nothing has been too much trouble for them... They have guided and developed our understanding of a very complex and emotive subject. They have helped to identify areas of weakness and solutions to plug these gaps. Most notably their organisation and energy when challenged to deliver training to 550 managers across the whole of the UK was exceptional.”
Andy Latham, Group Safety Manager, NEXT